Exist on Al'Akir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exist on Al'Akir

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Mechanics

Go down 
+2
lilaki25
Greenman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenman

Greenman

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 9:09 am

Hello m8s Very Happy

I have been a member of this guild from the day 2 (3 perhaps) of creation and have seen it progress with success (in spite of my 1 months break) into what it has become now.

So cheers cheers for the accomplishments so far... !!!

Observing the way our guild works in the past few days and while welcoming the newcomers, i would like to address some of the most frequently asked questions about the "thing" called Nemesis.

This post intends to serve an educational value for those who have questions about the guild mechanics, covering some questions that a member or newcomer might have and the guild leader and officers are requested to answer.

So here it goes:

1. How can someone join this guild? There is an application form in the forums but is the interested person able to fill it out by himself or an already member must do that for him due to forum access rights?

2. Who decides which application gets approved and if so what are the criteria for an approval?

3. Is there any other way for someone to join in besides the application form? (meaning a wisp in game followed by a little interview by a recruiter or anything else)

4. Is this guild PvE only oriented or PvP also (group Battlegrounds or world pvp)?

5. Who creates the PvE raid groups for this guild, besides the GM? Is there a council that decides who is assigned in each group? If so, who are the council? Are they officers and class leaders or other players without an online guild rank?

6. What are the criteria and by what means the groups are created? i.e. is there a main raid group that progresses first and a second is formed with help from the first one?

7. Do players from each group get exchanged following a specific plan or the formation is based on friendships and other random factors? If there is a plan what are the guidelines?

8. How can someone sign in at a particular event? Must he whisper to the event creator in the Group Calendar or use the addon itself and wait for the results?

9. Are there any class restrictions regarding who attends at a particullar boss or everyone is free to attend to every boss? And if restrictions apply what are the criteria?

10. Are there any loot restrictions regarding how many items a player gets per event or he is free for as many as his dkp points allow?

11. Can a player put up propositions about guild mechanics and if so must he have a specific rank in the guild hierarchy?

12. What are the goals of this guild for the future to come?

If anyone has more questions to add please post them so as to be covered as well.

Hope this post will be constructive and usefull for all guild members

Cheers !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lilaki25

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 9:36 am

nice job green Smile
Back to top Go down
corabia

corabia

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 1:37 pm

One more question i need to make to all this that greenman posted(by the way i really want to read some seriously answers).
Is the group calendar a bugged addon or something else is happening????cause last week i was trying to attend and never did.always in pending status.and when i asked the event creator suddenly like a miracle (!!!!) i did attend to the event.
Back to top Go down
Macdonald
VIP
VIP
Macdonald

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 3:05 pm

1)everyone is free to fill the forum (if you are kind go and see it..it says to copy and complete the form)

2)gm and officers due to which class is needed and if the application is good enought for an invite...invites can be made if someone is an rl friend of a guild because we are NOT a strict guild and you all know that

3) in game invitations...they link me their gear and tell why they left they former guild...and i invite them for a trial period to test us and for us to test them

4)pve....but we have some players that are intrested in pvp like loopie and tks and they are pretty good at it

5)officers and gm fix the groups and btw it takes us half a day to do that beacuse some ppl dont like each other and some love another person and they cant do without them in the raid

6) BOTH groups are on the same lvl at kharazan so there isnt group1 that has the best players and group 2 with low geared players...and yes groups are made in such a way so that we have the best group for the specific boss because nobody wants to get wipped over and over again beacuse we are going for the first time and we dont have the classes needed

7) yes groups are made on friendships and dislikes.....thats what is the game all bout..playing and having fun with the ppl you like and not with those you get frustrated with. and of course the needs each groups have we split the healers the mages the dps the tanks always taking in consideration which bosses each group has to face.

e.g melian doesnt like imbaman (the will not go together on the same group)
cj is a friend with hagrid i will put them on the same group
hayabussa doesnt like corabia i will put them apart

8)as i have said to the guild we use group calendar....if you are pending or stand by wisper the creator of the event to check whats going on.....creators of the events are not responsible for the inconvients group calendar creates.....it might be our fault while making the event or yours because you logged out fast and it didnt sync..either way if you see yourself pending or stand by wisper the event creator.

9)ofc there is.....e.g for aran i need 2 locks....and i wont go there unless i have 2 locks on my groups, on moroes you need at least 1 priest (shadow/holy) i wont go there with palas...our goal is to put bosses on farm list and in order to do that we need classes to down the bosses easy not wipping till we get it right

10)there is no restriction....ask corabia to tell you how many he got from a single run

11) if you have something good to propose ...be my guest

12) the future is near....this week we will have cleared karazhan and put it to farm list
then gruul is to come....and yet higher insatnces. and last but not least to have a nice and friendly community created called guild....and at last our dearest gm will not have problems with guidl memberes fighting and not likking each other.....so all can enjoy the game and i will stop taking pills

Last edited by on Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Macdonald
VIP
VIP
Macdonald

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 3:07 pm

corabia wrote:
One more question i need to make to all this that greenman posted(by the way i really want to read some seriously answers).
Is the group calendar a bugged addon or something else is happening????cause last week i was trying to attend and never did.always in pending status.and when i asked the event creator suddenly like a miracle (!!!!)
i did attend to the event.

as i posted before ITS NOT THE CREATORS PROBLEM......if you expirience problems you wisper them and

VOILA it is fixed as you said...we take care of our memebers

thank you
Back to top Go down
SolarinoGR

SolarinoGR

Number of posts : 14

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi corabia,

I checked all this group calendar thing yesterday.I must admit that it doesn't work very well.In order to sychronize the data....you must w8 online 5 min i think.Also, this addon contains some options about the members who will take place in an event (e.g how many druids,rogues,mages,....... will join in) that u must change all the time....sometimes this process becomes the reason of many mistakes from the event creators.

So...i suggest the creation of a web page that all guild members will sign in raid events for the whole week.I think this idea will help a lot.
Back to top Go down
Greenman

Greenman

Number of posts : 4

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 2:09 am

Thank u for ur input guys!! Very Happy

Quote :
Is the group calendar a bugged addon or something else is happening????cause last week i was trying to attend and never did.always in pending status.and when i asked the event creator suddenly like a miracle (!!!!) i did attend to the event.

I am having also problems with the Group Calendar myself and agree that a better way of signing in in events needs to be created.

Quote :
Macdonalds answers

10) actually these are not personal questions macdonald, i already know what corabia has looted from raid events..it is more like a general question with a general answer for everyone to know that dkps are the only thing that matters concerning the loot ability of each player and not the quantity of items in total

11) If i got something to propose i sure will.. although the question was about the procedure of proposing changes and not if someone has the right to make a proposition

12) pills are bad for ur health mac. u should stop them right away Razz

Quote :
Hi corabia,

I checked all this group calendar thing yesterday.I must admit that it doesn't work very well.In order to sychronize the data....you must w8 online 5 min i think.Also, this addon contains some options about the members who will take place in an event (e.g how many druids,rogues,mages,....... will join in) that u must change all the time....sometimes this process becomes the reason of many mistakes from the event creators.

So...i suggest the creation of a web page that all guild members will sign in raid events for the whole week.I think this idea will help a lot.

Perhaps we could use this forum for this... it is much more easy to use, instantly updated and a lot more information about raid formation (class requirements) can be stored than the Group Calendar addon.

We will be able to give information to all attendees using a template which will contain:
a) boss killing schedule
b) class requirements
c) special boss abilities and ways to counter those
i.e. aran does "this" so 2 locks needed or moroes does "that" so 1 priest at least needed.
That way it will be clear for someone, who is not aware about the strategy of a specific boss, to know why specific classes are needed.

Talking for myself, concerning my current job schedule, i will be able to check the raid status from any computer by using a web browser from my jobs pcs and not having to get back home to the pc that has WoW installed. That way my real life appointments schedule will be much easier to manage. happy.

Macdonald, Solarino? will u get this thing started?

and please everyone post any question that might be useful to any member of the guild so as to have it covered.

I am planning to rewrite that list with FAQ or Q&As as soon as i have enough input from many members and perhaps get it stickied it in another place of the forum other than the news category.

Thanks again for ur input !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corabia

corabia

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 4:08 am

there is no restriction....ask corabia to tell you how many he got from a single run

i think this is getting in to personal issue.ok that day was no rogue, a pala with fewer dkp and nobody else who needed the items i took.i got even a healer item omg.some ppl don t like that corabia took 3 items in 1 run so i answer.... This is life...

Last edited by on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corabia

corabia

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 4:13 am

Macdonald wrote:
corabia wrote:
Is the group calendar a bugged addon or something else is happening????cause last week i was trying to attend and never did.always in pending status.and when i asked the event creator suddenly like a miracle (!!!!)
i did attend to the event.

as i posted before ITS NOT THE CREATORS PROBLEM......if you expirience problems you wisper them and

VOILA it is fixed as you said...we take care of our memebers

thank you

One thing here i need to say.everything that the event creator is making is saved in one file in your accound folder(.lua).so VOILA miracles could happened Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
SarimGR

SarimGR

Number of posts : 6

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 6:21 am

i think this is getting in to personal issue.ok that day was no rogue, a pala with fewer dkp and nobody else who needed the items i took.i got even a healer item omg.some ppl don t like that corabia took 3 items in 1 run so i answer.... This is life...

Look corabia its not personal its reality u r the only one so far in the guild who took so many items on a single run and i dont think ppl have a problem wtih that so plz stop imagining things.this is a game we want all to enjoy not real life.
Back to top Go down
Macdonald
VIP
VIP
Macdonald

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 1:46 pm

i havent checked tha .lua file but as long as we fix the problem that thing is called feedback.....so problems can be solved if you discuss them

nothing is personal it was justa an example.....even jamus has a lot of drops from kara
at 1 point woena had -dkp because we got more items than his dkp (noone else needed them)

well greenman post anywhere you like proposotition here on news or anyother thread i will see it and discuss it

the forum for raid sign will fail if you dont support it due to the following reasons

1) i cant take to raid 10 ppl dps just because they signed up first
2)so ppl will have to accept the term "Spare" or "replacement" so when we go for new bosses we will take the good geared...when we go to farm bosses we will take anyone that wants drops
3)its easier to sign up and not be in game....but ppl rarely sign up at group calendar i am not so confident that they will do here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Mechanics   Guild Mechanics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Mechanics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exist on Al'Akir :: News-
Jump to: